Brown Trail offers Bible classes for all ages at the following times:
- Sunday Morning at 9:00 am
- Wednesday Evening at 7:00 pm
Special classes include:
- “Soldiers Class” for grades 1-5 on Sunday afternoons at 4:00 pm (August—May).
- Ladies’ Bible Class meets Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am (September—May). Enjoy a luncheon together on the second Wednesday of each month. In addition to Bible study, many good benevolent works are done through this class.
- A “Singing Class” is conducted each Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm for the purpose of praising God, learning new songs and giving experience to “up and coming” song leaders (August—May).
We have a fine youth group at Brown Trail. During our worship services, you will find many of them sitting near the front of the auditorium. Several young couples work with our youth in coordinating youth activities, which are planned and carried out by the parents and teachers of our teens, along with other interested individuals. Some of our youth activities include regular devotionals in the homes of members, summer camp, service projects and other activities.
BUILDING UP THE BODY
Brown Trail’s visitation program is called “Building Up the Body.” We have three teams that meet at various times. At these meetings, the team shares a meal and receives names of those in need of a visit. These names may be of newcomers to the community, recent visitors to our worship assemblies or Brown Trail members who may be sick or shut-in.
THE TRUTH IN LOVE
In 1983 Brown Trail began overseeing a local television program called “The Truth in Love.” It can be seen in the DFW market every Sunday morning at 7:30 am on KFWD channel 52. It is also being broadcast all over the country on the Gospel Broadcasting Network (www.gbntv.org). Jason Sparks is the Director of the program while Robert Dodson serves as its host.
THE BROWN TRAIL SCHOOL OF PREACHING
Since its beginning in 1965 the Brown Trail School of Preaching has graduated more than 300 men who have gone into all parts of the world preaching the gospel. It is a two-year program of intensive Bible study designed to prepare students for the work of preaching the gospel. The classrooms and offices of the school are located in the Brown Trail church building. Bob Stapleton serves as Director of the school. The faculty includes many faithful preachers from the DFW area.
Most of Brown Trail’s benevolence work is individual and immediate as members respond to needs as they arise.
Brown Trail also financially supports several children’s homes in Texas including: Christ’s Haven in Keller, Foster’s Home in Stephenville, Cherokee Children’s Home in Cherokee, Medina Home for Children in Medina and Sunny Glen Home in San Benito.
We provide worship services at the following convalescent homes:
Ashwood every first, third, and fourth sunday at 2:00,
Park Place every third sunday at 3:00
and at La Dora Lodge every fourth sunday at 4:00
FOREIGN MISSION WORK
In addition to the works already mentioned, Brown Trail also financially supports the following evangelistic works:
- Truth for Today World Mission School
- Voice of Truth International
- World Video Bible School
- Mission Printing – distribution of tracts worldwide (Arlington, TX)
- Chimala Mission Hospital and School of Preaching – Tanzania, East Africa